Soal Vocabulary Bahasa Inggris & Kunci Jawabannya – Vocabulary all the words which exist in a particular language or subject. Vocabulary atau yang disebut dengan ‘kosakata’ adalah semua kata yang ada di bahasa atau mata pelajaran tertentu. Dalam mempelajari sebuah bahasa, misalnya Bahasa Indonesia atau Bahasa Inggris, menguasai kosakata adalah hal yang penting karena dengan mengetahui banyak kosakata, kita akan dengan mudah berkomunikasi dalam bahasa tersebut. Berikut ini adalah soal Vocabulary Bahasa Inggris dan kunci jawabannya.
Soal Vocabulary Bahasa Inggris
I. Complete each sentence by choosing a synonym for the word in CAPITALS.
She always looks HAPPY ( sad / cheerful / anxious ) wherever she goes.
1. He is CONSIDERED ( regarded / supposed / imagined ) as the best person in his field in biochemistry.
2. He was EMPLOYED ( joined / engaged / gained ) to speak at the conference.
3. It is very easy to BADLY USE ( lose / waste / pass ) a lot of time searching for information on the internet.
4. The more you practice, the more you will GET ( gain / win / earn ) confidence.
5. The government APPROVED ( passed / declared / pronounced ) a law to protect consumers.
6. The dancer moved in a very EASY ( graceful / smooth / tasteful ) manner.
7. I feel a bit ill – that meal was very FATTY ( savoury / juicy / rich ).
8. She GETS ANXIOUS ( disturbs / worries / troubles ) too much – she will make herself ill.
9. Despite their money, they live in a very INEXPENSIVE ( modest / moderate / simple ) house.
10. He is always telling people what he thinks and giving his VIEW ( judgment / opinion / idea ) on things.
11. This meat is very SOFT ( fragile / delicate / tender ) – it is delicious.
12. He was successful at interview and immediately TOOK ( accepted / obtained / received ) the job.
13. We are trying to GROW ( grow / begin / develop ) better understanding between nations.
14. He will talk freely about his private life – he is completely OPEN ( informal / relaxed / uninhibited ).
15. Passing her exams gave her the CHANCE ( occasion / possibility / opportunity ) to continue her education.
II. Complete each sentence by choosing a word as the best answer.
I really like to go to village because I can see many ( sheep / ship ).
1. Did you ( sew / so ) this seam by hand or by machine?
2. Go up the ( stairs / stares ) and her office is on the right.
3. There was nothing in the cupboard but a few crusts of ( bread / bred ).
4. Will you ( way / weigh ) out two kilograms of flour, please?
5. What is his ( role / roll ) in this project?
6. All of our customers will be contacted by ( male / mail ).
7. The American show-business magazine is being bought by the publishing giant for an undisclosed ( some / sum ).
8. They were ( warn-out / worn-out ) after their long walk.
9. The ( fir / fur ) trees on the upper slopes of the mountain were covered in snow.
10. That jacket’s ( scene / seen ) better days. Why do not you get a new one?
11. There is a ( brake / break ) in the pipe.
12. Well, cut in ( to / too / two ) and we will have half each.
13. Most rock groups spend two or three months a year on the ( road / rode ).
14. We could take out a ( loan / lone ) to buy a car.
15. They pulled out of the deal at the last minute leaving us ( hi / high ) and dry.
16. The girl carefully pulled up the weed by its ( roots / routes ).
17. She ( rights / writes ) about medical matters for a national newspaper.
18. It was freezing outside and her hands were ( blew / blue ) with cold.
19. There will be new ( curbs / kerbs ) on drink-driving from next week.
20. They set ( sale / sail ) for France.
Demikianlah soal Vocabulary Bahasa Inggris dan kunci jawabannya. Hal pertama dalam menguasai Bahasa Inggris adalah dengan mempelajari dan mengetahui banyak kosakata atau Vocabulary. Oleh karena itu penting untuk mempelajari Vocabulary dalam Bahasa Inggris. Good luck!