Materi Tenses: Present Perfect Continuous Tense – Present perfect continuous tense memiliki keterangan waktu yang tidak spesifk di antara waktu sekarang dan sebelum sekarang. Dengan kata lain, present perfect tense digunakan untuk mendeskripsikan kegiatan yang telah dimulai di waktu lampau dan masih berlangsung hingga sekarang dan belum diketahui berakhirnya. Kalimat dengan present perfect tense berfokus pada proses, bukan hasil.
Pola dan contoh kalimat verbal dalam simple present tense:
|No.||Jenis kalimat||Pola||Contoh Kalimat|
|1.||Affirmative||Subject + has/have + been + Ving + Object.
Have >> I/You/They/We
Has >> She/he/it
|I/You/They/We have been working for days in building the bridge.
She/he/it has been working for days in building the bridge.
|2.||Negative||Subject + has/have + not + been + Ving + Object.
|I/You/They/We have not been trying to solve our internal problem lately.
She/he/it has not been trying to solve our internal problem lately.
|3.||Interogative||Has/have+ subject+ been + Ving + Object + ?||Have I/You/They/We been playing the new game that I bought yesterday?
Has she/he/it been playing the new game that I bought yesterday?
Interpretasi contoh kalimat:
1. They have been working for days in building the bridge. (Mereka masih mengerjakan pembangunan jembatan.)
2. We have not been trying to solve our internal problem lately. (Masih terdapat permasalahan dan belum menemukan jalan keluar.)
3. Have you been playing the new game that I bought yesterday? (Bertanya apakah sudah mencoba permainan baru atau masih mengerjakan hal lain.)
Ekspresi waktu dalam present perfect tense:
• All week
• Over the last few months
Contoh kalimat dalam present perfect tense:
• Leana has been sleeping for hours because she is on her holiday.
• She has been trying to cure her tiredness recently after hard work.
• Peter and I have been living in Bali since we got married last year.
• The students have been studying for the final examination for three months but the teachers still feel worried whether they could pass it or not.
• Yana and her brothers have been arranging their uncle’s wedding for six months. They are very excited.
• My friends have been working on a project. They have been writing a biography of a hero in Indonesia recently.
• Can you quickly take the picture? My family have been waiting for me at the parking area for an hour.
• Do you see a man who is sitting on the bench? He has been sitting on there for a week with an upset face. He might be depressed.
• I don’t understand what you mean. You have been talking for two hours without clear intention. Please be straight forward. I need to meet some people today.
• They have been keeping the secret since the baby was born three years ago.
• My dog has been barking since I left home. It must have been something suspicious.
• I have been fixing the television for a day. I am tired. Don’t bother me. I have to watch my favourite Korean drama tonight.
• My mother has been cooking some dishes to celebrate our victory since this morning. Please come to eat together.